Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Grand Prix of Monaco

When I watched the Grand Prix of Malaysia last week I remembered the time when I was in Monaco because of the Grand Prix.
I got the opportunity to work there twice - two years ago and last year. I know it sounds unbelievable .. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE  =)
A good friend of mine works there almost every year and two years ago another girl wasn't able to go to Monaco and so, Julia, my good friend, told her boss that she knew someone who'd love to work with her. ME !! Her boss agreed .. and  I was almost dying of excitement ^^



I went shopping with my mum, who was as excited as me, (to my great profit!!) and bought clothes for about two months or so .. I didn't know what to take with me or what to wear .. I just knew that Monaco is the world of the beautiful and rich people and so, my suitcase was in all seriousness packed for several weeks, although my job there lasted just 5 days ^^




We went to Nice, where we had our hotel, by bus together with some other members of our team. Nice is amazing! I knew that as soon as I got out of the bus. It felt like holiday - the palms, the sea and the warm weather - it was fantastic !!



The next day we went to Monaco for the first time, again with our little bus. From our hotel to the Grand Prix circuit we needed about half an hour, but time flew because of the breathtaking view we enjoyed. The area around the speedway was full of fan shops, cafés and more. Julia and I were allowed to explore that area on our own or rather she showed me everything. We walked along the speedway, had some drinks and visited everyone of our colleagues at his/her workplace. We even got the permission to go to the Red Bull Energy Station AND THERE I met Sebastian Vettel, Christian Horner and lots of other guys I had only seen on television till now.
I even took a photo with Vettel which I added for you :DD  (He imitated my Austrian dialect ^^)



The next two days Julia and I really had to work :P There are lots of terraces from where the VIPs can watch the Formula One race. We two girls worked for McLaren Mercedes. Our job was to stand in front of the entrance to the McLaren terrace, to welcome the VIP guests and to guide them to the different elevators. We had a walkie talkie to be able to tell our colleague on the terrace that the guest was on his way. The job was really exciting because we had to talk to loooots of people who wanted to know anything because they thought we would be an information point. We needed lots of several languages but of course above all we spoke English and French. I was so glad about the earmuffs we got because the noise right next to the speedway was unbelievable.





One night (the night of saturday) we got tickets to the Red Bull party from our boss. We put on our best dresses and our best and highest shoes and the party could start!
It was an unforgetable night! The whole stay was unforgetable! 
There were so much new experiences and also new friendships .. I really hope to get further opportunities to participate in such great trips  =)








No comments:

Post a Comment