Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sunny side of Paris

Hello again :)

In my last post I opened my heart to you and told you about an unpleasant and negative experience in Paris.
In this post however, I want to show you that I also had great moments there, because I still love Paris. :)
I am going to add some personal photos of my highlights and tell you what really fascinated me instead of giving some boring dates or history facts. ;-)

My first plan was of course going to the Eiffel Tower. When I went there for the first time I was so excited, just because it's the Eiffel Tower :P Unfortunately I had forgotten my camera (what made me really angry^^) and so I had to go home and return the other day. Nevertheless it was great! I decided to buy a ticket to get to the highest platform of the tower. To my surprise it wasn't expensive at all. At first I had to wait a really really long time in a queue till I got to the elevator. It was extremely hot and (silly me!) I had nothing to drink with me. BUT it was definitely worth it! The view up there was incredible and I just felt happy and forgot everything around me. Back on the ground I enjoyed the beautiful day walking around and watching people. I even saw a gorgeous bride in her white dress who took pictures with her bridegroom in front of the Eiffel Tower. Maybe this could also be an option for me ;-)




I absolutely wanted to see the Louvre. Above all because of the movie "The Da Vinci Code" with Tom Hanks :P 
It was really nice that I didn't have to pay anything for my visit because of my age. When I left the museum two security guys asked me where I am from (Something must have bespoken that I am not French^^) and we had a really interesting chat. At least one opportunity to talk French for some minutes.




My favourite highlight was the Opera House. The reason behind is - again - a film. Do you know "Phantom of the Opera"? I LOVE this film, perhaps because Gerard Butler plays the phantom :P I always wanted to see the Opera House in real life and finally I did. It was amazing to climb the marvellous stairs and I was soo excited when I found the loge of the Phantom of the Opera. :D




A place which took me a lot of time to visit was La Basilique du Scaré Coeur de Montmartre. I was so amazed that I just didn't to leave. I spent my time there with sitting in the sun and enjoying the breathtaking view. There were hundreds of people climbing up the enormous stairs, hundreds of artists and musicians. And believe me, everybody was smiling at me! :)




Another very interesting and enjoyable visit was the cathedrale Notre Dame de Paris. Here I also had to wait for a long time till I was allowed to climb the stairs of the tower. But again, the view was worth it :)




By hazard I passed by the famous Red Mill > Moulin Rouge :)



These were the most amazing places I have visited and I hope I could show you that Paris is worth visiting ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment